Search This Blog

Sunday 6 January 2019

Favourite Quotes


Gotta love a good quote. A while ago, I read a list of the 100 top quotes by well known people and tried to narrow it down to my Top 10. Impossible. 

Managed to choose my fave 14 and then had to add one from Adam Ant, which is not really a quote it's a line from a song (Prince Charming), but I'm currently reading his book and it has led me down memory lane. Gotta love the 80's. "Don't you ever, don't you ever, lower yourself, forgetting all your standards" and "Silk or leather or a feather respect yourself and all of those around you." Same song, not my fave, wise words. 

And now to come up with my own.

And still a very fine looking man at 64!
Oprah Winfrey
"You become what you believe

Steve Jobs
"The only way to do great work is to love what you do."

Audrey Hepburn
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says, 'I’m possible!'"

Dalai Lama
"Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions."

Jane Fonda
"It's never too late - never too late to start over, never too late to be happy."

John Lennon
"Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans."

Jack Nicholson  
“The minute that you’re not learning I believe you’re dead.”

Walt Disney
"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them."

Stevie Wonder 
"If you don't ask, you don't get."

Dr Seuss  
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Mae West 
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."

Pablo Picasso
"Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone."

Oscar Wilde 
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."

George Eliot 
"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

No comments:

Post a Comment