Search This Blog

Saturday 2 January 2021

New Year, New Word

New Year’s Resolutions, goals, plans for the year and lists. If 2020 taught us anything, it’s go ahead and make them – but be flexible and be prepared to change them.  If my 2019 list of things to do was neglected, then what can be said about my 2020 one?   

Time to re-visit the lists – not to add anything, but to take things off.  Why? Because 2020 has shown me that my bucket lists need to be smaller. Do I really want to “Visit the Kennedy Space Centre in Florida” or “Drive a Ferrari/Maserati/Lamborghini?” No.  I don’t even like driving.  Because 2020 was a year to re-evaluate what’s important and what’s not.

I also like to choose a word for the year.  My word for 2020 was BEGIN.  Maybe it should have been STALLED. Do I keep the same word for a second year and take 2?  Do I choose a new word? 

I revisited the great list of words I had last year, deleted a few, added a few and still have a long list of possibilities:

FLEXIBLE

RISE

ENOUGH

ACTION

KINDNESS

RESPECT

DETERMINATION

CHANGE

CALM

CARE

STRENGTH

DIRECTION

CHALLENGE

HEALTH

LISTEN

POSITIVITY

FOCUS

ACCEPT

RELEASE

CONFIDENCE

BEGIN - 2020

FREEDOM - 2019

BRAVE

DIRECTION

HOPE

ENERGY

PRESENT

LEARN

Once again, I narrowed it down to 5 and then waited for one of them to jump out at me. I’m leaning towards HEALTH.  A year to focus on improving my health. And I think I'll keep Begin - because I kind of feel it didn't get a chance. 



No comments:

Post a Comment