Search This Blog

Saturday 28 January 2017

Take 2

Good intentions are not enough. 

In January 2015, I woke up and thought holy f#@k I'll be the BIG 50 this year - and promptly had a melt down.  And then came the list.  Yep, one of those lists with all the things I want to do.  Since then it has grown and grown.

First there were the 50 things I wanted to do in the year I turned 50.  That kinda grew to over 100.  Then came the "big items", all those amazing places out there to see, all those things to do.  Before long, it had become a bit of an obsession, with let's be honest here, no hope in hell of ever getting it all done.

So I survived turning 50 (it's not that bad, really) and spent the day in Jaipur India. India, now there is a place that opens your eyes and assaults all of your senses, but more on that another day.

And then 2016 was here.  A rocky start, a few issues at home, a trip to South America.  The list continued to grow and I was surprised that so many people I shared it with were inspired by it.

How many times have you walked past a restaurant and thought, "must go there one day" or seen an article on a place and thought "gotta go there".  How often do we do it?  Hardly ever. Life just gets busy and gets in the way of, well life!  So I decided that by writing it down, I would make a genuine attempt at doing some of those things.  Some a big and some are small, doesn't really matter.

So here we are in 2017.  This is going to be my Shining Year - I've got a workbook that says so (now I just need the t-shirt).  I want to write, but my book efforts have stalled.  So what to write and why?  No idea, hoping to learn that along the say.  But hey this is a start! I want to share my lists - in the hope that it inspires others.  And if nothing else, I'm going to document my shining year, just for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment