Search This Blog

Saturday 2 December 2017

A goal without a plan is just a wish

Wow, December and 2017 is fast coming to an end and I thought it was time to start thinking about 2018.  Soon it will be time to review all my lists!  Ooh what new and exciting things can I add?

A couple of weeks ago, B and I went to a session on goals – how to set and stick to them.  Got me thinking about what are my life goals?  Maybe it’s the big things on my lists?  Not sure.  Procrastination. Instead of spending the time thinking and working towards life goals, why do we procrastinate and watch mindless TV or scroll through Facebook?

So, what do I still want to accomplish?  Is it ever too late to set goals – no way!  What are my life goals?  What do I truly want? And how the fuck do I work it out? 

1.     Brainstorming list
  - What’s important?
  - Where am I at today?
  - Where do I want to be?

2.     Life goals
  - What couldn’t I live without?  Narrow that sucker down
  - Set specific targets

3.     How do I get there?
   - Start with the last step and work backwards.
                - Focus on the main ones – rank them?

       4.   Get shit done
                - Pick a goal, break it down, stop procrastinating and get started

Right then.  I’m off to think and right those suckers down.  Because as they say, a goal without a plan is just a wish. 





No comments:

Post a Comment