Search This Blog

Sunday 28 May 2017

It's all about me - a special guest post

Minibreak = roadtrip

Arrived well past my dinner time, lucky I had a snack before we left home.  So we’re at the Vibe hotel inMarysville.  My first time in a hotel.  Smells funny.  I rode in an elevator – don’t like them very much.  Lots of doors.  Here we are room number 3.  I have my very own bed, they even left me a toy (I don't do toys) and a chew stick and a bone shaped water and food bowl (empty - what good is that?).  Let’s see, there is a big bed, a couch, TV, table, desk and a bathroom.  Kind of like home, but all closer together.  Mum and Dad left me here.  I was a bit scared, but ate my dinner and watched some TV.  I thought about ordering room service, they bring you food – how good is that? 

My first hotel stay!
I tried to reach the mini bar because I could smell chocolate, but it was too high. 
Phew they came back.  Got to go outside via the back door for a wee and poo.  It’s a bit colder here than at home, but good smells.  Golden Retriever 20 minutes ago, small bitzer like me, I think she had chicken for dinner.  Time for bed.  Appears I have a choice of 2 doggy beds, 1 couch or paws crossed the big bed.  Yay, I got to sleep on the big bed.  Sweet dreams.

Checking out the trout








Next day (Editors note, Saturday 27 May 2017)
Not sure I like these "dead" statue things, they're scary
OMG "dead" dogs in pockets

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Cute right?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
They call me Lola the explorer.  Early morning stroll, bit chilly, so I didn’t mind going back to bed for a while whilst mum and dad went for breakfast.  They came back with food!  Bacon and sausages, yum, this place gets better and better!  So once we all had full tummies we went for a walk around town and to a nice park.  That park had a stream and it tasted delicious!  I drank lots, the bacon made me thirsty.   
Then we got into the car and went to Steavenson’s Falls.  I had to stay in the car, the sign said no dogs.  No idea why, what do they think I would do, drink all the water? Anyway, had a snooze and waited. Then we went to Bruno’s Art and Sculpture Garden.  Bruno was nice, he let me in the gallery and then we had a walk through the garden.  Statues and stuff.  People that didn’t move.  I think they were dead, all sorts of weird things.  Not for me, although mummy seemed to love it and kept wanting me to pose with the dead things.  They had nice water there too – still thirsty. 

Yep, that's me with muddy paws after I fell in
Yummy! This stream water is delicious
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Back in the car for a drive.  Stopped at lots of places to check out the streams and the trout.  No trout but lots of streams.  Lucas would have been in swimming, so I gave it a go and paddled.  Not bad, a bit cold and I slipped in at one place.  Back to the hotel for a siesta, I was pooped out – I’ve only got little legs!  Another car trip back to the water falls to see them lit up, whatever, I knew the drill I had to wait in the car.  Steak and Guinness pie for dinner and sleep time.  I’m going to dream of bacon.
After a long sleep (Sunday)
Brrr it's chilly.  I just want to stay cuddled up in bed.  But time for a wee.  Grass was wet, but the water wasn't coming down from the sky.  Dreams came true.  I got heaps of bacon and sausages.  Couldn't even eat it all.  Said goodbye to the nice girls here.  They gave me lots of cuddles and said I could come back anytime.  They even knew my name.  I like mini breaks, but there is no place like home.
Love and Licks   
Lola xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment