Search This Blog

Wednesday 1 March 2017

Busy!

I read an article recently about the overuse of the word "busy".  We use it as a feeling, an emotion, an excuse and a response to just about everything!  How many times do we say/hear “Things are good… busy.” "I’ve been okay. Really busy.”  “You know, same old… busy.”
“Busy” has become a catch-all phrase that pretty much covers everything without saying anything. So what does it really mean?  Are we still "busy" if we are reading a book under a tree on a sunny day?    Maybe instead of "busy" our lives are just full.  Some things are "obligations" but hopefully there is still time to be busy doing the things we love with the people we love.  It's all a matter of priorities.

So I am trying to conscientiously avoid using the word busy.  Right now I have to go, I'm a little time poor at the moment.
Image result for really busy quotes
 

No comments:

Post a Comment