Sounds reasonably easy. Buy clippers and scissors, wash pooch, dry pooch, clip pooch, trim pooch - done! However, as past experience has shown, it's never quite that easy. Lola has often gone out with half a haircut because she just wouldn't sit still any longer. Patches and tufts of hair can be cute right? And anyway, surely dogs don't have bad hair days and laugh at each others hair cuts? Well maybe they do at some of those poodles!
Anyway, she came home looking lovely, smelling clean and best of all they cut her nails - something we hate doing. Then I read the following in "Groomer to Groomer" magazine and decided that it was $79 well spent. I can colour my own hair at home and put the money saved towards Lola's next haircut.
10. Your hairdresser doesn't wash and clean your rear end.
9. You don't go eight weeks without washing or brushing your hair.
8. Your hairdresser doesn't give you a sanitary trim.
7. Your hairdresser doesn't clean your ears.
6. Your hairdresser doesn't remove the boogies from your eyes.
5. You sit still for your hairdresser.
4. Your haircut doesn't include a manicure or pedicure.
3. Your hairdresser only washes and cuts the hair on your head.
1. The likelihood of you pooping on the hairdresser is pretty slim.
Yep, definitely money well spent.